The FIFA World Cup, often simply called the World Cup, is an international association football competition contested by the senior men’s national teams of the members of FIFA.
The championship has been awarded every four years since the inaugural tournament in 1930, except in 1942 and 1946 when it was not held because of the Second World War. The current champions are Spain, who won the 2010 tournament in South Africa.
This year, Brazil will be hosting the FIFA World Cup for the second time. This is an international association football tournament that is anticipated over the world. It is attended by hundreds of thousands of fans from all over the world, and is watched by millions as the football games are played live on television.
Each and every World Cup has its own moment, an goal which registers that particular World Cup history. With the ups and downs of the World Cup, here is the list of top 10 the best World Cup goals.
- The 1958 FIFA World Cup, Young Pele’s commencement in football. It was the game of Brazil taking on Sweden and thrashing 5-2 at full time.
- The World Cup of 1986 Diego Maradona from Argentina scored a fantastic header to take the lead in the quarterfinals that we call “Hand of God”.
- Maradona’s Goal Of The Century The quarter finals of 1986 FIFA World Cup saw Argentina take on England.
- 1970 FIFA World Cup Carlos Alberto’s Wonder Goal, Brazil was already 3-1 up against Italy in the finals.
- Back in 2002 FIFA World Cup quarterfinals Brazil, Ronaldinho’s Quintessential Freekick
- Italy’s Esteban Cambiasso’s fantastic goal against Serbia in 2006 FIFA World Cup will always be remembered when it comes to legendary World Cup goals.
- Michael Owen stuns the Argentine side by scoring this unbelievable solo goal back in the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
- The 2002 FIFA World Cup saw David Beckham’s heroic free kick that embarked his name in the history of English football.
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup saw one of the most exciting goals ever. The Flying Dutchman, Spain with Netherlands saw Robin Van Persie’s header that has created wonders.
- Dennis Bergkamp’s Goal That Shook The World