If you enjoy traveling and want to bring your bike along, they you’ll want to check out this buying guide which provides recommendations for the top 10 best folding bikes for travel.
Who would be interested in a Folding Bike? There are many scenarios where a foldable bike could come in handy. Maybe you live in a small studio apartment in NYC, so a folding bike would take up less space. Or maybe you drive a small car with very little storage space in the trunk, but a folding bike would fit. People who travel across the country on RV usually bring along foldable bikes. Traveling by boat? – then bring your folding bike.
Normal Bike vs Folding Bike?
Well if you are not used to the idea, then it could sound a bit weird. You may think that these bikes are not “real bikes”. Or you might think that they are too small. Actually over the years many foldable bike designs have hit the market and the design and key mechanism has been well figured out. So now you can buy a nice foldable bike and get a great riding experience, you won’t notice anything different.
Some of them do come with large wheels while others have small wheels. But in the end you will be satisfied with the nice compromise between ease of travel and fun.
Top 10 Best Folding Bikes for Travel
Amazon Best Sellers: Foldable Bikes
For 2016, here are the top 10 best sellers list which is updated DAILY from Amazon. This will give you a great idea of what are the “hot” sellers and which models other buyers consider to be the best. Check out these great selections and great deals.
- Frame: 26" steel Stowabike folding frame
- Fork: 26" suspension steel fork
- 18-Speed Mountain Bike
- Tyres: Wanda 26×1.95"
- Brake: steel v-brakes
- Ideal for use as a commuting bike
- Easily folded and stored in a compact size
- 20" steel folding frame
- 6 speed Shimano Gear System
- Built-in rack for carrying your goods
- Lightweight Aluminum frame; Folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you never need to leave it outside
- Genuine Shimano components with 7 speeds and grip style shifter
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet tall
- Wanda multi-terrain tires and V-style brakes
- Folded size: H-25" L-28.5" W-12.5. Weight: 28.5 lb (Lightweight)
- Xander Bicycle Corporation
- Color Matching Front And Rear Tail Fenders, 6-Speed Derailleur & Freewheel
- Heavy-Duty Kick Stand,Folds In Simple Steps
- Steel Designer Folding Frame and There Is No Need To Assemble
- Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Handle Bar Height
- High Quality Bike For Everyday Use And A Comfortable Ride For Ages 7 And Up
- Perfect for the Weekend Warrior and City Riding!
- • Folds Flat in Seconds, No Tools Required!
- • 21 speed Shimano
- • Front & Rear Shock Absorbers
- • 26" Bike Frame
- # It folds in less than 15 seconds so you can take it anywhere and It's light enough to carry on public...
- Perfect for taking on a bus or train on your commute or stashing in your apartment.
- Equipped with a Dahon Neos rear derailleur that features crisp, fast shifting and a low profile design...
- 7005 aluminum frame with custom-drawn Sonus tubing and six patented technologies.