If you enjoy traveling and want to bring your bike along, they you’ll want to check out this buying guide which provides recommendations for the top 10 best folding bikes for travel.
Who would be interested in a Folding Bike? There are many scenarios where a foldable bike could come in handy. Maybe you live in a small studio apartment in NYC, so a folding bike would take up less space. Or maybe you drive a small car with very little storage space in the trunk, but a folding bike would fit. People who travel across the country on RV usually bring along foldable bikes. Traveling by boat? – then bring your folding bike.
Normal Bike vs Folding Bike?
Well if you are not used to the idea, then it could sound a bit weird. You may think that these bikes are not “real bikes”. Or you might think that they are too small. Actually over the years many foldable bike designs have hit the market and the design and key mechanism has been well figured out. So now you can buy a nice foldable bike and get a great riding experience, you won’t notice anything different.
Some of them do come with large wheels while others have small wheels. But in the end you will be satisfied with the nice compromise between ease of travel and fun.
Top 10 Best Folding Bikes for Travel
Amazon Best Sellers: Foldable Bikes
For 2016, here are the top 10 best sellers list which is updated DAILY from Amazon. This will give you a great idea of what are the “hot” sellers and which models other buyers consider to be the best. Check out these great selections and great deals.
- Frame: 26" steel Stowabike folding frame
- Fork: 26" suspension steel fork
- 18-Speed Mountain Bike
- Tyres: Wanda 26×1.95"
- Brake: steel v-brakes
- Premium quality bike for daily use for comfort
- Folds in easy steps
- Linear pull brakes provide great stopping power
- Heavy-duty kickstand
- Adjustable Handle Bar Height
- Ideal for use as a commuting bike
- Easily folded and stored in a compact size
- 20" steel folding frame
- 6 speed Shimano Gear System
- Built-in rack for carrying your goods
- Lightweight aluminum folding bike with coaster brake
- Quickly and easily folds for storage
- Great urban commuter in flat areas
- Folds quickly to 12" x 32" x 25"
- Super Lightweight - Weighs only 21.5 lbs.
- Lightweight Aluminum frame; Folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you never need to leave it outside
- Genuine Shimano components with 7 speeds and grip style shifter
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet tall
- Wanda multi-terrain tires and V-style brakes
- Folded size: H-25" L-28.5" W-12.5. Weight: 28.5 lb (Lightweight)
- 20 inch folding bike with shimano Altus 16 speed rear derailleur
- Alloy hub seal bearing and anodized color,cassette 12-32T,dual disc brake.When you riding ,more...
- Easy to fold with magnet,perfect for taking on a bus or train on your commute or stashing in your...
- The foldable bike frame with small rubber protector to avoid scrath the paint when fold the bike.
- With adjustable kickstand,and fender,rear cargo rack.
- 26 inch wheels.
- Shimano 18 speed shifter and derailleur. alloy front and rear V-brake.
- Kenda 26 tires.
- quick removable front handle stem. with alloy silver color cap & PVC black bell.
- front/rear steel hub. steel kick stand.