If you may ever caught in an emergency, such as car accident or natural disaster, you will want to check out this list of Top 10 Emergency Survival Kits for Disaster Preparedness. Emergencies cannot be predicted, but you can be prepared. Someone once said “People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.”
Emergency Survival Kit for Disaster Preparedness
Prepare for the unexpected. This is good advice, since you never know when disaster may strike. Having a survival kit for yourself or your family will make your life better in those situations. We are seeing many natural disasters from climate change, especially storms and flooding. For extra safety, you might want to carry a survival kit in your car, in case you get stuck in the middle of the road for some length of time.
Most emergency survival kits are equipped with first aid kit at a minimum, and some contain food and water and various survival supplies like flashlight and multifunction tool. Each kit is different, so look carefully. They are usually packed in a convenient packaged like a backpack or easy-to-carry container. If you’ve got a family and kids, having an emergency survival kit is one of the best ways to secure them.
BUYING GUIDE: HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST EMERGENCY SURVIVAL KIT
- EMERGENCY SCENARIOS – Every country or city is prone to different types of natural disasters. In Japan, earthquakes do happen several times in a year. In certain cities in the USA, hurricanes also occur while some countries in Asia experience flashflood or typhoon. It would also be better to determine what the possible occurrences, such as natural disasters, are in your country or the city you live in. In that way, you’ll be able to know what kind of preparation you should do or what necessities you should include in your kit.
- COMPONENTS – Every survival kit contains different kinds of materials that you can use in case of emergency but buying the best survival kit depends on what you want or need. You should first check what the items are included in the kit – which ones can be useful or not. The pieces also vary so you can check this as well.
- PORTABILITY – Most of these emergency survival kits are organized in a carry bag or sometimes, in a backpack for easy storage and portability. You should consider getting a kit that is compact, portable, or if possible, lightweight since you’ll carry it in case of emergency or have it inside your car.
- PRICE – Emergency survival kits are usually jam-packed with different items that you need for an emergency and you may expect that each may vary in price. But, undeniably, it is worth the money. To make sure you’re buying the right one that is worth the price, you can try to canvass different types of kits and compare the valuable pieces included. You can also do this if you’re on a tight budget. Affordable survival kits are available on the market.
Editor Recommends: TOP 10 Emergency Survival Kits
Here are the top 10 best Editor’s picks, first appeared on AllBestTop10.com
Ready America 70385 Deluxe Emergency Kit 4 Person Backpack
During a disaster, food shortage is inevitable so an enough supply of food would be vital to your kit. The Ready America survival kit contains food bars and boxes of water. If you’re a family of 4, this kit has it all prepared for you and your family. Packed in a backpack, the supplies including food and survival tools, will get you through the night and even up to 3 days. Aside from food supplies, the kit also contains emergency ponchos, survival blankets, phone and flashlight charger, duct tape, multifunctional tool, first aid kit, light sticks, gloves, safety goggles, dust masks, tissue packs, leather gloves, emergency whistle, towelettes and Bio-hazard bags.
4 Person Perfect Survival Kit Deluxe for Emergency Disaster
It is sometimes difficult to find an emergency survival kit with the best offer but this one from Survival Kits Online might be your favorite. It contains all the items every survival kit should have – pouches of water, food bars, rechargeable flashlight, water purification tablets, survival whistle, compass, signal mirror, waterproof container, lanyard, waterproof matches, sleeping bags, space blankets, emergency poncho, leather gloves, hygiene kit, first aid kit, rope, light sticks, body warmers, candles, hand crank radio and multifunctional knife. That’s way more than enough for a kit! The best thing about this could be the portable gas stove. Not all emergency survival kit in the market has it. A deluxe duffel bag is also included.
Earthquake Kit 4 Person Deluxe Home Honey Bucket Survival Emergency
Going through an earthquake could be terrifying and sometimes you wouldn’t know what to do or how to survive. It is best to keep yourself prepared at all times with this survival kit from Mayday Industries. For the next 72 hours, this kit is something you can rely on during an earthquake or any other disaster. It includes food, medical and shelter assistance. Inside the honey bucket are food bars that are also safe for vegetarians or for those who are allergic to nut oils, solar blankets, pouches of water, dust masks, ponchos, liners, wet naps, light sticks, toilet disinfectant, duct tape, gas and water shut off tool, first aid kit, flashlight and radio tool, gloves, utility knife, survival whistle and water purification tablets. This kit is good for a family of 4.
Food Insurance Premium 2-Week Bug Out Bag
If you prefer a kit that focuses on food sustenance, you should consider this survival kit from Food Insurance. It offers a 2-week food supply that would comply with any food shortage during a disaster. In 2 weeks, you can have a complete food consumption for a day – three meals per day in total. Everything’s packed in mylar pouches that keep the food fresh. They are also good for long period of storage of 7 to 10 years! It can definitely keep you prepared anytime. A water resistant backpack is also included where you can store all the food inside. A first-aid kit, water bottle and filter, cooking tin, utility tool and a flashlight and radio combo complete this kit. It is suitable for one adult only.
Family Prep Survival Kit by Emergency Zone
For a family of 2, Emergency Zone prepares a family prep survival kit that’s just right the budget. Conveniently organized inside the red backpack are the supplies you’ll need in times of disaster or any problem out on the road. It contains a complete set of first-aid kit, weather protection, food and water supply and water purification. Included in the first-aid kit are folding mask, mask, bandages, tweezers, trauma shears, and nitrile gloves. Inside the weather protection kit, you’ll find reflective bags, emergency ponchos, a tube tent and hand warmers. For food and water supply, it includes food bars and water pouches. And lastly, the water purification set has folding water container and Chlor floc military water purification packets.
Urban Survival Kit for Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Floods, Tornados by Zippmo Survival Gear
Before the stocks get sold out, grab one of these survival kits from Zippmo Survival Gear. It is an emergency survival kit for two that will assist you for three-day survival. The backpack itself is sturdy along with all the items you need for getting through a disaster. It includes emergency whistle, button compass, stainless steel multifunctional tool, first aid kit, masks, work gloves, paracord, 12-hour light sticks, a flashlight and cell phone charger, sleeping bags, emergency ponchos, food and water, ultralight bottle, and water purification tablets. You just add some clothes and other stuff and you’re ready to go!
Deluxe 2-Person Perfect Survival Kit for Emergency Disaster Preparedness
You can store it in your home or carry it anywhere whenever you need it. This 2-person deluxe emergency survival kit from POM packs keeps you prepared with any possible danger or disasters. Everything’s packed and organized in the backpack. It has food and water supply and each has a 5-year shelf life. It also includes some items you need for survival such as a rechargeable flashlight, radio, candles, survival whistle, compass, signal mirror, flint starter, lanyard and shrill, light sticks, matches, survival sleeping bags, space blankets, emergency ponchos, tube tent, multifunctional knife, working gloves, n95 dust masks, hygiene supplies, first-aid kit and waste bags. With the total rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, no doubt users consider this as one of the best-selling emergency survival kits.
Leknes Outdoor Survival Kits For Disaster Preparedness
With only 18 different useful accessories, Leknes assures you a complete preparation during disasters or any emergency situations. The emergency survival kit contains a whistle flashlight, safety pins, floats, lead sinkers, swivels, lure/ bait for fishing, fishing line, hooks, earplugs, emergency blanket, thermometer, compass, multifunctional tool, mosquito head net, wire saw and flint paracord bracelet for making fire. Every piece is on its sturdy quality and can be useful especially outdoors. The accessories are easy to carry, easy for storage, small in sizes and can be stored in a backpack, car, drawers or wherever you prefer to place it. You can use it not only for emergency situations but also when you’re out in the wild – hiking, trekking, camping and many other outdoor activities.
Small Perfect Survival Kit, Earthquake Kit, Commuter Kit for Auto, Home or School
Some users prefer the basics or the essentials rather, for their emergency survival kit. This kit from Prepare Me America, only with the price of $29.95 (prices may vary), you can already get yourself an emergency survival kit with all the supplies you need. It does not contain tons of items but surely they all are useful and reliable during a disaster such as hurricane or earthquake. It has food bars, water pouches, dust mask, LED flashlight, glow sticks, facial tissues, heat pack or body warmers, emergency ponchos, survival blanket, emergency whistle, and first-aid kit.
Personal Survival Kit and Emergency Pack for Cars, Trucks, RVs, and Trailers (Waterproof)
It is sometimes much better to keep yourself prepared at all times. Keeping an emergency survival kit even in your vehicle would also be a great idea but of course, if you’ll have it with you during a trip, you need something that’s quite handy, compact yet useful and reliable. Get Ready Now handles all of that for you. Their personal survival kit is travel-friendly. You can have it even at the back of your seat. Inside the waterproof bag are the essentials you’ll need in case of emergency, could be during a disaster or just getting yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere. It contains food and water, headlamp, light sticks, whistle, sanitation and hygiene supplies, mylar blankets, hand warmers, body warmers, emergency ponchos, 46-piece first-aid kit, utility gloves, dust masks, multifunctional tool, duct tape and matches.
Top 10 Best Sellers on Amazon
Here we have an up-to-date list of the best sellers on Amazon in the category of “Emergency Survival Kits”, based on actual sales data that is updated daily. This gives you an excellent idea of what are the items that other customers are buying. Take a look at some of these hot items for your emergency kit.
SaleBestseller No. 1 LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water...
- Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2...
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
Bestseller No. 4 Emergency Disposable Rain Ponchos Various Colors - 5, 10, or 200 Pack
- Rain Ponchos Disposable Emergency Economy- Intended for One Time Use.
- Each disposable rain poncho is individually packaged for easily handing out to large groups of people.
- Perfect for Disney, military, amusement parks, stadiums, universities, marching bands for adults men...
- Breathable, packable and lightweight to fit in your travel backpack or pocket
- Our Most Popular Best Selling Rain Poncho
Bestseller No. 9 Survive Outdoors Longer Emergency Blanket
- Legendary Durability Resists tearing and will not shred like Mylar blankets.
- Shelter from the Elements Heatsheets material is waterproof and windproof.
- Stay Warm Reflects 90% of radiated body heat.
- More than Just a blanket. A true ultra-light multifunction backcountry tool that can also be used as a...
- Size: 56" x 84"
Bestseller No. 10 HEIMDALL Safety Whistle with lanyard (2 pack) for Boating Camping Hiking Hunting Emergency Survival Rescue Signaling
- Made from high impact Plastic, lightweight, waterproof, durable and non corrodible.
- Two chamber design, it's easier to Emits a shrill, high-pitched sound
- High Power, enough to be heard at long distances
- Includes Lanyard(Not designed as Neck lanyard), quick access Clip for securing on your belt, kayak vest...
- 100% brand new and high quality, great for Outdoor enthusiasts, Search & Rescue teams, Survival...