Hope Solo is a female American soccer goalkeeper.She has been goalkeeping for the United States women’s national soccer team since 2000. She received a two-time Olympic gold medalist from Richland, Washington. She was born in July 30, 1981. She was married in 2012 with Mr. Jerramy Stevens. So far, she has been writing two books already such as Solo: A Memoir of Hope and Hope Solo: My story. Thus, Let’s know more about top 10 expose from Hope Solo from her new book.
- She was kidnapped by her own father: When Hope was 7 years old, Gerry, her father had kidnapped her and her brother to Seattle without letting her mother knew. Later on, her mother called polices and a few days more, Gerry was arrested in Seattle Bank.
- She kissed a girl: There was a French girl who kept flirting with her and finally Hope gave her a kiss. Hope said that “I’d had gay teammates throughout my career — I thought maybe I should see their side of things. So we made out. Interesting but not life-changing. I was straight.”
- She was slapped: She was dancing with one super star, Maksim Chmerkovskiy but he slapped her while she was trying to put her head in the correct position. The DWTS producers asked her if she wanted to change a partner but she said No anyways.
- Nearly close to Career-ending: In her junior year of college, Hope sustained a gruesome injury when her forearm got caught on a hook on the inside of the goal and ripped open. In a U21 game against Mexico, she panicked as if her arms were going to fall out. Fortunately, there was no nerve damage, and Solo’s career took off after that.
- She likes party: During the US training camp in Southern California, she and her friend went to Vegas to party over night and came back the next day for training without any sleep.
- Her boyfriend cheated her: She had her first love when she was in High School. Her boyfriend had betrayed her with one of the “Popular girls”. Before she punched on that girl’s face, she said “Hey. You’re a f**king slut.”
- She had a difficult life: When she was young, her father is homeless and her mother involved with alcoholism; moreover, her brother always in trouble at school. In her teen year, she had stepfather and they didn’t have much money to supprt her for her national travel soccer team because it was expensive. Finally, community member spend for her.