One in every three women now use hair extensions. Well, we cannot blame them as women do get tired of their usual haircuts most of the time. They are indeed fickle-minded about everything and even with their hairstyles and haircuts – from a long hair to the medium length to the shortest as pixie and bob haircuts then back again to their longest. But from having a short haircut to getting back to a longer hair might be a problem. You cannot just let it grow in days or weeks, can you? You can just cry out and hope for it to grow it back in a snap. Such a frustrating truth. But if you’ve heard of hair extensions, you won’t ever need to worry!
Celebrities even prefer this kind of procedure in getting longer hair. With their field of job, out in the movie and music industry, it is often necessary to have their hair chopped off for their respective roles and worse, have their heads shaved off. Tough, huh? Well, since hair extensions are in great demand, they may just want to try it out to suit their style and go with the flow. And so these popular icons like Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Carey Mulligan, Jennifer Aniston, Beyonce, Halle Berry and many more have admitted of getting hair extensions. Too many to mention. Celebrity hair extensions have become widely known.
We know you want to try these hair extensions to get that natural-looking long hair. So, how would you choose the right product? Here are some guidelines.
BUYING GUIDE: HOW TO CHOOSE HAIR EXTENSIONS
- TYPE OF MATERIAL – Is it synthetic or natural? Hair extensions come in to two types of material. SYNTHETIC material is just a replica of the human hair while NATURAL hair extensions are made from human hair. The advantage of natural hair extensions is that you can treat it as if you’re styling your own hair. May it be curling or straightening, you can do so and you don’t need to worry if it gets damaged. Though a bit pricey than the synthetic ones, it guarantees durability and resistance in any procedure of styling. On the other hand, synthetic hair extensions are cheaper but more likely to get damaged when used with hair styling equipment like curling iron or flat iron or anything that produces heat. You can style it with heatless hair styling products. FUTURA, however, is a synthetic hair extension that can resist heat up to 100F. REMY hair would also be a good choice. These are tangle-free extensions. Whichever, these are all adjustable to any hairstyles.
- COLOR – One of the main reasons of getting hair extensions is to make your hair longer yet look naturally. Your option, the best rather, of the hair color is a must. If you want to make your hair look naturally long, choose a color or shade that is the same or closest to yours.
- LENGTH – Hair extensions, from the name itself, evidently extends your hair length longer than the one you have. Usual hair extensions range from 15cm to 38cm.
- STYLE – If you don’t have much time to style the hair extensions on your own, you can buy the ones that are already styled– wavy, curly and straight. They also come into different textures – silky straight, yaki or Afro-Caribbean hair, deep wave or spiral curls, loose waves, kinky curly and soft wavy.
- FASTENERS – For the clip-in hair extensions, make sure that you buy the ones with snap-in clips or toupee clips or U-shaped tines. These get the extensions tightly attached to your hair. If it is a net cap wig, lace front caps are recommended.
To get the best hair extension products, we’ve listed the Top 10 Best Hair Extension products from Amazon.
TOP 10 BEST HAIR EXTENSION PRODUCTS ON AMAZON IN 2016If you have that light ash brown and sandy hair dye, this ombre-colored hair extensions might be the one for you. This two-toned one-piece hair extension can make your hair longer effortlessly and naturally. You just have to gently attach it to your hair and bring out a voluminous and stylish hairstyle. Reecho synthetic clip-in hair extension is 20 inches long with 5 clips and in light brown color. You can also have it in other 16 colors. With those clips, it’s just so easy to wear. Perfect for special events or even on a date night or maybe just want to flaunt a fuller curly hair. It is made of Kanekalon fiber which is another material used for extensions for lighter and softer feeling. It can also resist heat from curling irons up to 176F.
HOW TO USE HAIR EXTENSIONS
There are different ways on how to put on hair extensions. It can be through tape-in, bonding and sealing, micro loops, netting, lace fronts and tracking. Apparently, these procedures cannot done by your own and require assistance in a salon. However, the clip-in hair extensions could be the easiest and the most convenient that you can do by your own. So, how would you use them? Here are some tips.
- Make sure that the shade or color of the hair extensions match perfectly with yours.
- Divide your hair into two sections horizontally making a half up half down updo.
- If you have thin or fine hair, tease your hair first with a comb.
- If you’re using one large piece of clip-in hair extension, you can just attach or clip it right on where you made the section. Open the clips and gently push them down right into place.
- If you’re using small pieces or multiple clip-ins, attach them one by one following the hairline on the section you made. Make sure to put them on evenly.
- Once you put them on, release the top of your hair. Make sure the clips are not visible.
- If your hair is wavy, style your hair extension the same. Whatever the style of your hair is, make sure it is the same as your hair extensions.
- Comb your hair with your fingers gently as making it a bit messy to blend the hair extensions with your hair.
You can also check the video below to know how to put on clip-in hair extensions with one clip and multiple clips.
TIPS FOR HAIR EXTENSION CARE
A woman’s dream of having longer hair can effortlessly be done with hair extensions. However, if not taken care well of, it may get damaged eventually. So here are some tips how to take good care of hair extensions.
- Gently remove the tangles before washing.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair extensions. Most manufacturers recommend using mild shampoo or a wig shampoo or sulfate and alcohol-free shampoos for better treatment. It may cause damage if you use anti-dandruff shampoos, so never use them.
- Put some shampoo on your hair extensions. Be gentle on washing them. Then rinse.
- Once you’ve rinsed, apply some conditioner for softer and smoother finish. Then rinse again.
- Dry with a towel or with a blow dryer on a low-heat setting.
- When it’s already dry, brush it gently with a soft-bristled brush. Don’t use hard bristles because it may damage your extensions. Always brush them only when it is dry and never when it’s wet.
- Don’t use curling or straightening irons on synthetic hair extensions unless it is Futura or Kanekalon material. They can resist heat up to a limited heat level.
- Just like how you care for your own hair, you can also use hair serums such as Argan oil to your extensions to keep them soft and smooth and without any frizz.
- It is recommended not to dye your hair extensions. If you insist of doing so, you need to ask an expert on hair extensions for doing this.
- Wash them once a week. You don’t need to wash them everyday.
TOP 10 BEST HAIR EXTENSION PRODUCTS ON AMAZON IN 2016
- Suitable for cosmetology students or anyone to practice cutting, braiding, setting.
- The best convenient way for practicing hair cutting.
- Secure training head mannequin in place.
- Come with carry bag, easy to carry.
- New and high quality, beautiful and convenient, ideal for student, hairdresser, salon, home user etc.
- For rapid hair growth, hair conditioning cream
- Very good seller
- 125 grams
- Anti dandruff
- Conditions dry hair
- 【★LIMITED TIME】Regular price: $16.88, Recent price: $13.88.
- HIGH QUALITY: Made of imported South Korea lustrous synthetic fiber, which is very suitable for long term...
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: There are two adjustment straps inside the wig, which can be intertwined to a fixed...
- DAILY & COSPLAY USE: Very stylish design with natural pretty looking and soft touch. You can wear it to...
- PACKAGE INCLUDED: 1x MelodySusie Wig + 1x MelodySusie Wig Comb + 1x MelodySusie Wig cap.
- No shine tape tabs 120 Tabs in each Pack Tabs last 4-10 weeks with proper care
- Use this tape for all skin weft, seamless, weft and tape in hair extensions.
- Use as new or replacement tape for your tape in extensions.
- Maximum hold hair extensions tape tabs
- Package includeds: 4 * Hair Twist Sponges
- Get your hair twisted anywhere any time
- Get a barber's cool look all by yourself
- Have the freshest hair around
- Environmental protection material sponge with big hole, soft skin-friendly
- Ship from CA,United States;Shipping by USPS First Class,Generally delivery time is about 3-5 business...
- There are 18 clips on the top of the extensions, easy to attach and take care
- 8pcs per a package. 8 Pieces with 18 clips (One Piece 6.5" Wide Weft - 4Clips Per Weft; Two Piece 4.8"...
- Easy to wash and care-Just need a little mild shampoo and hair conditioner then washing in lukewarm water...
- Suitable for daily use and party show
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - REECHO's items are all in the Amazon's warehouse in USA and your order will...
- UNLIKE the human hair,the synthetic hair fiber may get tangled after 2-3 wears because the synthetic...
- MATERIALS - Heat Resistant Fiber,able to resist the heat from styling tools to give you almost the same...
- The Model in the pitures is wearing 2 pieces, if you want the same effect for your hair; Length: Approx...
- EASY TO WASH AND TAKE CARE - Just need a little mild shampoo and hair conditioner then washing in...
- Wire Elastic Band
- Superior Quality
- Super Stretch
- Wrinkle Free
- 100% Nylon
- Total Length: 18 inches (from the forehead to the back hair end); Individual hair strand: 12 inches;...
- Suitable for washing/conditioning, curling/straightening, bleaching/dyeing, cutting, braiding and...
- Material: 100% real human hair, all the hair has been chemically washed and disinfected;
- Can be used by hairdressers, hair stylists,cosmetologist, barber shops, hair salons and the cosmetology...
- A great doll gift for children, students, and woman to practice hairstyles. Packaged in color box.
- HAIR STYLE: Provides light styling hold while making hair silky-soft without any synthetic ingredients.
- SHINY HAIR: Organic coconut oil makes hair shiny and luxurious, while organic jojoba oil imparts...
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND VEGAN: Certified organic by the USDA National Organic Program and certified Vegan...
- NATURAL: Smooth and luxurious soap with no synthetic detergents or preservatives, as none of the...