If you enjoy traveling and want to bring your bike along, they you’ll want to check out this buying guide which provides recommendations for the top 10 best folding bikes for travel.
Who would be interested in a Folding Bike? There are many scenarios where a foldable bike could come in handy. Maybe you live in a small studio apartment in NYC, so a folding bike would take up less space. Or maybe you drive a small car with very little storage space in the trunk, but a folding bike would fit. People who travel across the country on RV usually bring along foldable bikes. Traveling by boat? – then bring your folding bike.
Normal Bike vs Folding Bike?
Well if you are not used to the idea, then it could sound a bit weird. You may think that these bikes are not “real bikes”. Or you might think that they are too small. Actually over the years many foldable bike designs have hit the market and the design and key mechanism has been well figured out. So now you can buy a nice foldable bike and get a great riding experience, you won’t notice anything different.
Some of them do come with large wheels while others have small wheels. But in the end you will be satisfied with the nice compromise between ease of travel and fun.
Top 10 Best Folding Bikes for Travel
Amazon Best Sellers: Foldable Bikes
For 2016, here are the top 10 best sellers list which is updated DAILY from Amazon. This will give you a great idea of what are the “hot” sellers and which models other buyers consider to be the best. Check out these great selections and great deals.
- Premium quality bike for daily use for comfort
- Folds in easy steps
- Linear pull brakes provide great stopping power
- Heavy-duty kickstand
- Adjustable Handle Bar Height
- Black bike carry bag.
- Folding bike bag dimension: 32*14*25 inch
- It has zipper for easy opening and close.
- It has adjustable strap, can be carried on shoulder.
- The bike carrier bag can help you takes bike easy and keep your clothes clean.
- Ideal for use as a commuting bike
- Easily folded and stored in a compact size
- 20" steel folding frame
- 6 speed Shimano Gear System
- Built-in rack for carrying your goods
- Frame: 26" steel Stowabike folding frame
- Fork: 26" suspension steel fork
- 18-Speed Mountain Bike
- Tyres: Wanda 26×1.95"
- Brake: steel v-brakes
- # It folds in less than 15 seconds so you can take it anywhere and It's light enough to carry on public...
- Perfect for taking on a bus or train on your commute or stashing in your apartment.
- Equipped with a Dahon Neos rear derailleur that features crisp, fast shifting and a low profile design...
- 7005 aluminum frame with custom-drawn Sonus tubing and six patented technologies.
- 26 inch wheels.
- Shimano 18 speed shifter and derailleur. alloy front and rear V-brake.
- Kenda 26 tires.
- quick removable front handle stem. with alloy silver color cap & PVC black bell.
- front/rear steel hub. steel kick stand.
- Shimano 6-speed derailleur & freewheel and 22 inch wide chrome plated alloy handle bar
- Front and rear hand brakes with hi-tensile steel designer folding frame
- Simply fold the bike, and you will be able to easily store into any car
- Great for traveling and everyday bike use. No assembly required
- Adjustable 24" to 42" height Quick-Release seat post
- Lightweight aluminum folding bike with coaster brake
- Quickly and easily folds for storage
- Great urban commuter in flat areas
- Folds quickly to 12" x 32" x 25"
- Super Lightweight - Weighs only 21.5 lbs.
- Seat-free bicycle that folds down for convenient transport/storage of bike itself
- 12.5-inch Air-filled tires
- 220-pound weight limit, great for urban commuters
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty
- Ages teen and up